Are you wondering if you might be pregnant? While for many women, the first sign of pregnancy is a missed period, there are other early symptoms that can indicate a pregnancy. In this blog post, we will discuss the physical early pregnancy symptoms and the best over-the-counter early pregnancy tests.
Early pregnancy symptoms may include:
- Nausea and vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common early pregnancy symptoms. These symptoms are commonly referred to as morning sickness, but they can occur at any time of the day. Morning sickness usually starts around the sixth week of pregnancy and most commonly lasts until the 13th week of pregnancy, but those do times vary from person to person.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is another common symptom of early pregnancy. The increased production of the hormone progesterone can cause fatigue and drowsiness. Women may feel tired even after a full night’s sleep.
- Breast changes: During early pregnancy, the breasts may become tender and sore. The nipples may also become more sensitive or darker in color. This is due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Mood swings: Hormonal changes in the body can also cause mood swings during early pregnancy. Women may even experience extreme irritability, anxiety, and depression.
- Cramping and spotting: Some women may experience cramping and spotting during early pregnancy. This is usually due to the implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus. However, if the cramping or spotting is severe, it is important to seek medical attention right away.
The best over-the-counter early pregnancy tests:
- Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test: The Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test is one of the most accurate over-the-counter pregnancy tests available. This test can detect pregnancy up to five days before a missed period and it shows a clear, digital result.
- First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test: The First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test is another highly accurate over-the-counter pregnancy test. This test can detect pregnancy up to six days before a missed period.
- EPT Pregnancy Test: The EPT Pregnancy Test is another popular over-the-counter pregnancy test. This test can detect pregnancy up to five days before a missed period.
- Clearblue Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test: The Clearblue Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test is a reliable and easy-to-use pregnancy test. This test can detect pregnancy up to six days before a missed period.
- Equate One-Step Pregnancy Test: The Equate One-Step Pregnancy Test is a low-cost option for women who want to test for pregnancy at home. This test can detect pregnancy up to five days before a missed period.
When taking an over-the-counter pregnancy test, it is important to read the instructions carefully and follow them closely. It is also important to test first thing in the morning, as this is when the concentration of the pregnancy hormone hCG is highest in the urine.
In conclusion, early pregnancy symptoms can vary from person to person, but some of the most common symptoms include nausea, fatigue, breast changes, mood swings, and cramping and spotting. If you suspect you may be pregnant, it is important to take an over-the-counter pregnancy test or see a medical provider for confirmation. With the help of an accurate pregnancy test, you can begin to plan for the journey ahead.